Super thick homemade spaghetti sauce. In a large heated pot with olive oil, add finely chopped onions. When halfway done, add minced garlic. This sauce is good for spaghetti, hot dog sauce, and. ziploc bags for future enjoyment.
Perfectly thick and packed with flavor, you'll be ditching that store bought pasta sauce! You can make this quick vegetarian pasta sauce ahead and freeze it for later use! A few years ago I came upon a sauce that was so good but. You can have Super thick homemade spaghetti sauce using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Super thick homemade spaghetti sauce
- You need 1 can of 15 oz tomato sauce.
- It's 1 can of 6 oz tomato paste.
- You need 1 can of 15 oz tomatoes.
- You need 1 lb of ground meat of your choice.
- You need 1 of chopped shallot.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, finely diced.
- You need 1 of green pepper, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 4 of Leaves fresh basil, finely chopped.
- You need 4 of servings of noodles.
- It's 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
I altered it quite a bit to fit our family. This is now the best sauce I have ever had and if you follow the measurements, it will come out the same every single time. I use Tuttoroso brand in the puree, paste, and sauce because that is the one my friend's mother always used. It's a very tangy robust and thick (not watery) spaghetti sauce.
Super thick homemade spaghetti sauce step by step
- Heat olive oil in large skillet or soup pot over medium high heat.
- Add garlic, shallots, pepper, and basil. Cook until shallots are pale and slightly transparent.
- Add meat of your choice and brown, roughly 5 minutes..
- Add can of tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce and Italian seasoning . Stir well..
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Boil water and cook your noodles. Sauce can simmer as long as you like, so it doesn't really matter what noodles you are using..
- Drain noodles, rinse with cold water. Portion out to bowls or plates. Spoon sauce on top. Add parmesean cheese on top. Enjoy..
If your a little apprehensive about trying homemade spaghetti sauce, try this one. To serve, ladle meat sauce on top of each squash half and garnish each with fresh basil, parsley and additional Pecorino-Romano cheese. Make the cream sauce and cook until thick and bubbly. Add in the cheeses (remember to remove the sauce from the heat before adding the cheese). Stir in the pasta, chicken and tomatoes and place in a greased casserole dish.