Canned Spaghetti Sauce. Canning Spaghetti Sauce with Meat is something that must be done in the pressure canner. This recipe not only makes things easier, you end up with more nutritious food on your shelf! Homemade Canned Spaghetti Sauce is FAR better than anything you can find in a store.
Canning spaghetti sauce not only uses up your overabundance of tomatoes, but it allows you to have canned spaghetti sauce on hand all year long. No more worrying about running to the store the next. Homemade Canned Spaghetti Sauce Step-by-Step Tutorial. You can have Canned Spaghetti Sauce using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Canned Spaghetti Sauce
- It's 12 of # of tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 T of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 2 of large onions (chopped).
- Prepare 2 of large bell peppers (chopped).
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 6-8 cloves of garlic.
- It's 2 T of oregano.
- You need 2 T of basil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 3 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery, minced.
This video includes directions for making and canning homemade spaghetti sauce. I've used a "tested" recipe so I know it is safe. To can spaghetti sauce safely in a boiling water canner, which is the type of canner most people would have, you need a recipe that will guarantee you a high-acid mixture so that botulism spores can't. Otherwise, that beloved family spaghetti sauce may need a tweak.
Canned Spaghetti Sauce instructions
- I use a huge turkey roaster..... Dump all the tomatoes in the roaster... Allow to cook overnight at 200°.
- Mince bell pepper, celery, and onion... saute in butter....add to tomato mixture...
- Allow tomatoes veggie mix to cook for 3-4 hours.... This is what I call stewed tomatoes.... They can be canned at this point in a pressure canner for 25 minutes at 10# of pressure...
- If making spaghetti sauce add the additional ingredients and cook again overnight.....
- Is ready to can....this recipe made 14qts of sauce....pressure can for 25 minutes at 10# of pressure....
Safe water bath canning of Got a tomato crop looking to get sauced? This basic recipe for water-bath-safe spaghetti sauce will keep. Canning homemade spaghetti sauce is easy with this simple recipe! A great way to use up those garden grown tomatoes for later use in pizzas, pasta, dipping sauce and more! It's so easy to get that homemade taste.